First Game Scene with Only Ambient Lighting
I made this scene with six skybox images that created a fully circular sky like this one:
Example video game skybox from keithlantz.net
How to Recreate?
- Find free assets from Unity’s asset store for the trees, the stairs, and the railings.
- Connect a spotlight to the camera and apply a halo(or cookie) so the light mimics a flashlight when shone on other objects.
- Apply the default WASD and jumping keys to the player with the help of the built-in first person player object.
- Find some step sound effects for the feet on freesound.org.
- Use trees that respond to wind zones instead of the ones that I used at first.
- Compile the game and give to all your nerdy friends.
The scene has working rain as well(free asset). The only light in this scene, other than the flashlight, is the ambient light from the moon which illuminates the world.